Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sin's Eventual Partner, Guilt

I am so tired in my head
My eyes, my sight they are so blurred
I want to sleep, rest like the dead
Remain forever undisturbed.

I want to close my eyes and sleep
To run away, escape to dreams
Embrace the darkness, shadows deep
To silence those ungodly screams

That echo in my bedroom still
They haunt my every waking step
Horror, my skull those wails do fill
Cold terror strikes my heart's full depths.

Shot past my soul, across the sand
Dark pictures flutter, burned and torn
Like broken glass upon my hand
I find those tombs on which I mourn.

These memories, I hold so close
I wish, I wish I could forget
My sins in chains, make scars that show
Upon my chest, I do regret.

So now I lay, in tortured rest
Unable yet to close my eyes
For on the bloody, morning's crest
I see their face, I see them die.

No comments: