Sunday, November 9, 2008

My night of fruitless searching...

So. I wonder what propelled me to blog. Well, I like to write. A lot. So, I decided that if I can't get people I know to read my writing, I might as well let complete strangers read my literature instead. My aunt blogs. I think that's what did it...

My current frustration: my computer. It is running ridiculously slow, and I don't know why. Actually, that's a lie, but still. And, I've been searching online and on Limewire and Bittorrent for past century, and I cannot find Sailor Moon music. Argh... not to mention all of the web pages load very, very slowly, as if they were snails on a very, very hot day. So I've found almost nothing of which I was looking for. How productive.

And then, in attempt to relieve the angriness, I decided to log onto fanfiction.net, and was rewarded with crap writing and unfulfilled romance. Fine, Edward and Jacob meet a bar. That's fine, I can understand that. I can understand that they bump naughties. I got that. I mean, I wrote a fic about them getting it on, so really. But my fic didn't have ugly, gross, SIMPLE grammatical errors, such as misplacing or skipping conjunctions and commas. I understand that people are at different levels of intellect and I'm not trying to condescend. But I put a great deal of effort into my writing: I brainstorm and take notes and write and edit and write and edit and then edit again, just to make sure that my writing sucks because of CONTENT, not because of conventions. So to see someone slap an idea onto paper, type it up, then watch what could have been an excellent story trasform into a disgrace to the English language... terrible. It was a good story. I just wanted to stab my eyes out screaming,
"Comma! COMMA!! AHHH!! No, no! This sentence could be four! AND YOU DIDN'T INDENT THE NEXT PARAGRAPH!" Maybe that's just me being Puritanic about writing. Maybe it's a sign that some people should repeat middle school. Oh, what a horrible punishment that would be... *shudders*

Anyways... so I'm reading Walden right now... and I swear to God, Thoroeu (or whatever) was a fruitcake. I'm a fruitcake. I think fruit is delicious. But, digressions aside, the man lived with Emmerson for two years. TWO YEARS. Performing "odd jobs around the house, to pay for room and board" as my lit. book puts it. Really? Or, they could have been sleeping together, and Thoroeu was just a needy boyfriend. That's my thoery anyways. I think it has a certain ring of validity.

I'm so glad that elections are over. I can't even vote, but all of this endless arguing... I'm just gald it's over. FYI, I think Palin is adorable. So, she might be slightly mentally impaired. It never stopped anyone else, like Paris Hilton or Madonna. They're none too bright, and look where they are. Well, maybe that was a bad analogy. Back to the point, I want to meet Palin and go shopping with her. I mean, she might pull a gun on me, a .45 in one hand, and Holy Water in the other, but hey, she's so gosh darn cute!

Anyways, my eyes keeping falling down. Oh, and my mailman is really hot. I thought that was important. I hope this was fun/entertaining. Maybe if I get enough followers, I'll start taking requests for fanfics! That would be way fun...

Russ

4 comments:

Rhiannon said...

OMG, fanfiction.net. It's a disgrace. It's just sooooo awful I can't stand it. (On the upside, if I published my stuff there I'd instantly be the best HP author ever.) I've only been there twice: once to read your fanfic, and the second time to look up a certain pairing that's banned on MuggleNet *cough fit*. I found many, unsurprisingly... and they were all terrible. One was four chapters (each "chapter" was only two hundred words, if that), terribly written with no plot or word choice or anything, and it had TWO HUNDRED reviews. I wanted to Avada Kedavra my iMac. But I didn't. Because I really like my iMac.

Thoreau and Emerson. Ohhhh yes.

Anonymous said...

Maybe off in the Harry Potter Fandom there's icky writing.

But I find a good deal of the fanfiction on that site to be decent. :]


Anyway, Russell.

Thoreau is.....yeah. :D

Anonymous said...

Oh my your blog is amazing and incredibly entertaining! I can so hear your voice through the writing. in fact while i was reading i had a hallucination that we were in french staring at...people...as your lovely word vomit spilled all over us. supurb. and that video was funny. distubing. but funny. and fyi you should so just go for the boy. he wears flannel. plaid flannel. tight plaid flannel. tyra banks proved in a past episode that lumberjacks like hard wood. even when theyre not working. anywho i havent even started my homework so ttyl my darling! "It would BEHOOVE you to step away from my nephew" lol ;)
-Abbie

Anonymous said...

Not to be a negative nancy or anything, but if your so desperate for good harry potter stories, why dont you read the ones by jk rowling??? ive heard those are some of the best ones